IRRIGATION, ENVIRONMENT, NON CONVENTIONAL ENERGY, AND SOCIAL FORESTRY PROGRAM
Basic problem prevalent in the area is unawareness on the importance of non conventional energy systems.
To address the situation, the following programs / activities were drawn and achieved:
• 750 Biogas plants were constructed in the rural areas of Visakhapatnam District.
• 50 Masons were trained in construction of Bio gas plants.
• Raised Bio nurseries and supplied 250000 Bamboo, Mango, Casuarinas, Guava, Orange, Cashew, Jafra plants to villagers in the tribal areas.
• About 60 Vana Samrakshka Samithis (VSS) were organized and strengthened.
• Promotion of Solar Energy in four places.
• Promoted 250 smokeless chullas in the rural areas.
FUND SPONSORS FOR THE PROGRAMS:
• Canadian Hunger Foundation (CHF)
• AFPRO, Hyderabad,
• FORRED, New Delhi
• AP Forest Department, Visakhapatnam
• Care – EC
FUTURE GOALS IN BRIDGING THE GAPS:
• To take up more activities on Solar energy, Bio Energy, other renewal energy sources
• Working in collaboration with organizations supporting renewable sources by taking up a partnerships.
• Promotion of mini Hydel projects by utilizing the natural resources.
• Promotion of Bio Gas plantations.
• Promotion of innovative technologies to the rural and tribal areas.
• Taking up the rain water harvesting systems.
• Promoting solar water heaters.
• Smokeless chullas