Thanks to Infosys funding and village provided funds VJNNS was able to restore a safe water source to Allamputtu village which is home to 35 households comprising of 156 people. With the village community working along side VJNNS we performed the following work:
- constructed a source tank with cover plates
- constructed a filter tank with screen and cover plates
- supplied 300 meters of HDPE pipe and completed required plumbing work
- 1000 liters of sintex tank shifted to the upper side of the village.
- completed plastering work on the distribution tank to prevent further leakage
- Constructed 4 new stand posts
- constructed a fence to protect the system from wildlife