Water for Dingirai
• Even though there is enough drinking water, sources provided to the village but all are under none functioning and condemned.
• The communities is active in indentifying the spring source available and convince nearby village Singanapalli of Damanapalli panchyat and constructed a small water collection box and brought water to the village through pipeline. As the above picture shows, the water is completely mixed with agriculture wastewater and no cover over the collection box – unprotected. Resulting the community often get sickness.
• However, the water brought near to the village and reduced distance to fetching water to their daily needs, but not portable, safe and sufficient to cater the needs of the village at a time resulting depend on the distanced springs. In addition, it was found no adequate measures are following to intake for drinking.
• As the situation demands and therefore, it is suggested by and recommending to provide protection of the identified spring and taking adequate measures by providing distributing tank and stand posts near to the doorsteps.
• As the villagers found the right direction to solve the drinking water problem, shown interest to put their labor contribution, and formed a 15 member Village Development Committee to complete the works on support.
• As the record of the elevation at proposed source shows 826 Mts and 800 Mts shows at village level, it is therefore, the request of the community is genuine and recommended for the Gravity fed supply system to solve the drinking problem of the village for the present and future generations. The community also agreed upon the maintenance part by saving some portion of their earnings as for the repairs of the system.
Year of Construction : 2015 - 2016
Elevation : 800
Population : 142
Mandal : G.K.Veedhi
District : Visakhapatanam
State : Andhra Pradesh.
Micro Level Plan : Download